Basic Bush/ Bronze DofE training – Manawatu branch
30 November 2018 - 2 December 2018
The course is aimed at beginner trampers or those with little experience. It will suit those who wish to undertake easy overnight bush trips using tents or huts close to road ends. A preparatory session will be held before a planned weekend overnight trip is included. This trip will include a fixed camp or hut stay and a tramp with a full pack.
Be fit to travel for approximately four hours across hill country, on a track, with a full pack.
On completion, the participant will have an experience of:
* How to plan and execute an easy bush trip involving camping out
* How to select and use suitable clothing and equipment
* How to operate camp stoves and manage fuels safely
* Operating in an environmentally responsible manner
* Understanding basic first aid and survival
* Carrying out map work and route finding on a track including applying basic map to ground skills and route finding
* Using bush walking skills including moving effectively with a group along a track
* Basic river safety
Preparation Day 18th November 2018 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in Palmerston North (venue TBA). An alternative prep option may be available for participants based out of Palmerton North.
Training weekend 7.30 pm Friday 30th Nov – 3pm Sunday 2nd Dec 2018 Mt Holdsworth near Masterton.
Cost $60 per person.
Link to Register: http://tinyurl.com/OTNZMan-bronze18
Contact Angieszka Witkowski with any queries firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 06 358 8070 or 022 193 2308.