Bronze DofE / Basic Bush – Waikato branch
15 September 2018 - 16 September 2018
The course covers the DofEIA training requirements but is not exclusive to DofEIA. It is aimed at beginner trampers or those with little experience. It will suit those who wish to undertake easy overnight bush trips using tents or huts close to road ends. A preparatory session will be held before a planned weekend overnight trip is included. This trip will include a fixed camp or hut stay and a tramp with a full pack.
Be fit to travel for approximately four hours across hill country, on a track, with a full pack.
On completion, the participant will have an experience of:
* How to plan and execute an easy bush trip involving camping out
* How to select and use suitable clothing and equipment
* How to operate camp stoves and manage fuels safely
* Operating in an environmentally responsible manner
* Understanding basic first aid and survival
* Carrying out map work and route finding on a track including applying basic map to ground skills and route finding
* Using bush walking skills including moving effectively with a group along a track
* Basic river safety
Prep sessions Tuesday ??th September 6:45pm to 9:00pm AND Tuesday ??th September 6:45pm to 9:00 pm, PLUS.
Overnight Feild Training weekend Saturday and Sunday ?? September, venue and times TBA at planning.
Cost $60 per person.
If you are interested in this course please email Sharon Hodson: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 824 0878.