Int/Advanced Bush (Silver/Gold) DofEHA – Wellington branch
21 September 2018 - 23 September 2018
Welington branch have spaces on their Intermediate/Advanced Bushcraft (Silver or Gold) Duke of Edinburgh training course.
The course aims to consolidate the bushcraft skills and knowledge of the participant. It is a field oriented course with most of the time spent in the outdoors. It is for those who have done the Basic Bushcraft course, (or similar training) or who have some experience in the bush and want to develop their skills. A preparatory session will be held before a planned weekend overnight trip is included. A tramp with a full pack will be involve significant off track travel. Participants must be fit to travel for approximately six hours across hill country, on and off track, with a full pack.
On completion, the participant will have an experience of:
* Selecting a suitable campsite
* Building an emergency shelter with material carried and sleeping in it
* Operating in an environmentally responsible manner
* Navigating with and without a compass (grid method) over a selected route
* Safely travelling off-track in non-challenging bush terrain
* The responsibility of the party leader role
* Using a mountain radio
* Dealing with some basic emergency and first aid situations
* Completing observations/predictions of field weather
Classroom prep day 16th September venue TBA.
Training weekend Friday evening 21st Sep – Sunday 23rd Sep 2018.
Cost $80 per person.
To attend this course please fill out the form at:
Deadline for registering and payment 9th Sept 2018. A minimum of 6 participants is required for the course to run. So please encourage your friends.
Please contact Helen Lyman with any queries email@example.com.