- This trip-event has passed.
Intermediate Bushcraft/ Silver Duke of Edinburgh training
15 September 2017 - 17 September 2017
The course aims to consolidate the bushcraft skills and knowledge of the participant. It is a field oriented course with most of the time spent in the outdoors. It is for those who have done the Basic Bushcraft course, (or similar training) or who have some experience in the bush and want to develop their skills. A preparatory session will be held before a planned weekend overnight trip is included. A tramp with a full pack will be involve significant off track travel. Participants must be fit to travel for approximately six hours across hill country, on and off track, with a full pack. This course also meets the requirements for Silver Duke of Edinburgh training.
On completion, the participant will have an experience of:
* Selecting a suitable campsite
* Building an emergency shelter with material carried and sleeping in it
* Operating in an environmentally responsible manner
* Navigating with and without a compass (grid method) over a selected route
* Safely travelling off-track in non-challenging bush terrain
* The responsibility of the party leader role
* Using a mountain radio
* Dealing with some basic emergency and first aid situations
* Completing observations/predictions of field weather
Classroom prep day 10th September venue TBA.
Training weekend Friday evening 15th Sep – Sunday 17th Sep 2017.
Cost $80 per person.
To attend this course please fill out the form at:
Please contact Helen Lyman with any queries email@example.com.