- This trip-event has passed.
Intermediate Bushcraft/ Silver Duke of Edinburgh training
25 August - 27 August
The course aims to consolidate the bushcraft skills and knowledge of the participant. It is a field oriented course with most of the time spent in the outdoors. It is for those who have done the Basic Bushcraft course, (or similar training) or who have some experience in the bush and want to develop their skills. A preparatory session will be held before a planned weekend overnight trip is included. A tramp with a full pack will be involve significant off track travel. Participants must be fit to travel for approximately six hours across hill country, on and off track, with a full pack. This course also meets the requirements for Silver Duke of Edinburgh training.
On completion, the participant will have an experience of:
* Selecting a suitable campsite
* Building an emergency shelter with material carried and sleeping in it
* Operating in an environmentally responsible manner
* Navigating with and without a compass (grid method) over a selected route
* Safely travelling off-track in non-challenging bush terrain
* The responsibility of the party leader role
* Using a mountain radio
* Dealing with some basic emergency and first aid situations
* Completing observations/predictions of field weather
Prep day 20th August 9am – 3pm Palmerston North (arrangements may be possible for those out of town or unable to attend the prep day).
Training weekend Friday evening 25th Aug – Sunday 27th Aug 2017 Tamaki West near Dannevirke
Cost $70 per person.
Link to Register: http://tinyurl.com/OTNZMan-silver17
Contact Lucie Petrova with any queries firstname.lastname@example.org