- This trip-event has passed.
Intro Bush / Bronze DofE – Wellington branch
27 October 2018 - 28 October 2018
The course is aimed at beginner trampers or those with little experience. It will suit those who wish to undertake easy overnight bush trips using tents or huts close to road ends. A preparatory session will be held before a planned weekend overnight trip is included. This trip will include a fixed camp or hut stay and a tramp with a full pack. The course also covers the DofEIA training requirements.
Be fit to travel for approximately four hours across hill country, on a track, with a full pack.
On completion, the participant will have an experience of:
* How to plan and execute an easy bush trip involving camping out
* How to select and use suitable clothing and equipment
* How to operate camp stoves and manage fuels safely
* Operating in an environmentally responsible manner
* Understanding basic first aid and survival
* Carrying out map work and route finding on a track including applying basic map to ground skills and route finding
* Using bush walking skills including moving effectively with a group along a track
* Basic river safety
Prep theory session Sunday 14th October 2018, 10am to 4pm at the Hutt Valley tramping club rooms in Lower Hutt. This is just off Birch Street, down an alley way behind some workshops next to 13 Birch Street, near to Waterloo Station. Please bring your lunch and tramping gear.
Overnight Feild Training weekend Saturday 27th Oct and Sunday 28th Oct. Venue TBA.
Cost $60 per person.
To attend this course please fill out the form at:
Deadline for registration and payment 7th October. A minimum of 6 participants is required for the course to run. So please encourage your friends.
For any queries please get in touch email@example.com.