- This trip-event has passed.
3 December 2017
This course is aimed at outdoor users who are likely to travel in, near or across rivers or streams while recreating in the NZ outdoors. It will include practical application of river crossing techniques and the theory of river dynamics.
* Basic river dynamics and hazards
* How to assess whether a river or stream is safe to cross
* Choosing not to cross
* How to identify safe crossing points
* Managing clothing and equipment for travel/river crossing
* How to perform a solo crossing
* How to cross using an approved mutual support method
* How to float and recover if swept away
* How to self-release from a trapped pack
* How to safely retreat during a crossing…
* Managing a group in and around waterways
PLEASE NOTE: the ability to swim confidently is not a pre-requisite of this course, however if participants are not confident swimmers they should advise their instructors of this at the earliest possible opportunity.
Theory and practical day – Sunday 3rd December 2017
Cost $50 per person.
Use this link to register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYF4AFJKmimYxUuSa6OqLwe4Y84pMM7Uahv_alI3Em6K7jeA/viewform
Please contact Helen Lyman with any queries firstname.lastname@example.org.