- This trip-event has passed.
Silver DofEIA/ Intermediate bushcraft – Waikato branch
23 November 2018 - 25 November 2018
The course covers the silver DofEIA training requirements but are not exclusive to DofEIA: It aims to consolidate the bushcraft skills and knowledge of the participant. It is a field oriented course with most of the time spent in the outdoors. It is for those who have done the Basic Bushcraft course, (or similar training) or who have some experience in the bush and want to develop their skills. A preparatory session will be held before a planned weekend overnight trip is included. A tramp with a full pack will be involve significant off track travel. Participants must be fit to travel for approximately six hours across hill country, on and off track, with a full pack.
On completion, the participant will have an experience of:
* Selecting a suitable campsite
* Building an emergency shelter with material carried and sleeping in it
* Operating in an environmentally responsible manner
* Navigating with and without a compass (grid method) over a selected route
* Safely travelling off-track in non-challenging bush terrain
* The responsibility of the party leader role
* Using a mountain radio
* Dealing with some basic emergency and first aid situations
* Completing observations/predictions of field weather
Preparation and Planning Days Wednesday 6th November 6:45pm to 9:00pm and Wednesday 13th November 6:45pm to 9:00pm, PLUS
Overnight Feild Training weekend Friday evening 23rd November to Sunday 25th November, venue and times TBA at planning
Please email Sharon Hodson: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone (07) 824 0878.