Over time, FMC is building these pages to show you the classic trips you can do in these Wilderness Areas as well as understand their history, values and how to protect them.
- Gardens of Eden and Allah; From the west, and from the east 5-12 days
- Ascent of Mt Adams. Route info from DOC, blogs from the community 2 days.
- Learn about the historical and legal context of Wilderness Areas in NZ on www.fmc.org.nz
- Download a free, high resolution PDF map of the Adams Wilderness Area by Geographx. These maps were funded by FMC are available for use under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Sharealike licence.
- View the boundaries of all NZ’s Wilderness Areas and Public conservation land on Topo50 maps using FMC’s Wilderness Area Mapping Tool
If you have suggestions for classic trips in this Wilderness Area, and/or photos which we can publish to accompany them, please contact us.